AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Very low rate of clicking for the last days

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have purchased for two month a promotion for my site by google (I used ADWORDS for that).

Now I have very low rate of clicking (month has been passed, and still have about another month).

(For about 5 clicks a day - Now I got 0-1 clicks per day. Maybe it is only the organic?).

I don't know where to start with, what shall I check, and how can I know if some ISP on the promoted countries blocked my site, for some reason.

Thanks Smiley Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Very low rate of clicking for the last days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The first thing I would check id the average position - use the graph to show the average ad position and see if that has increased - in this case an increase is a bad thing since it means that an ad is lower down on the page - an ad position of 6 is worse than an ad position of 3 for example.

If this has changed then this would explain some of the change - but now we nee dto ask why the ad position changed - and thisis probably down to the quality scores of your keywords - this is the next place to look.

unfortunately, there is no way to look at your historical QS - but select your keywords and then customise your columns and under attributes, select to add the Quality Score column.

when you launch a campaign Google has no "historical" data for your click through rate and the like, so it allocates a QS based on what kind of average QS those keywords have had in other accounts. Then, once you have generated some traffic of your own, they look at your performance and give you your own personal QS - there is a strong chance that when this happened your QS fell....

If your QS are below 5/10 you will find it hard to command a good position for your ads and a good CTR - which can become the start of a downward spiral - a fall in performance leads to a further fall in QS and so on...

Come back and let us know what you see on these two fronts and then we can make some more suggestions....

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Eltan,

Great advice from Steve above.

With regard to your query about blocked countries - unfortunately it isn't really possible to view this kind of information within AdWords or Analytics. However, you can check the Geographic report in the Dimensions tab of your account to see what countries your ad is appearing in, and where you are generating the most and the least traffic.

Hope this helps!  

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,
I miss clarified myself because I didn't understand my own problem
As several days has passed I investigate that queer issue, so I will declare my problem more precisely as follows:

For about first month there were 15-20 clicks approximately. That didn't changed for the first month, and even today there are about 15-20 clicks.

I have checked the no. click on ADWORDS and on GOOGLE ANALYTICS (add script code to my site), and clicks on my server (apache, I have cpanel for configuration) - about the same no. of clicks.

But, there is always but ...
For the first month people registered my site - 4-5 people per day.
For the second month - queer thing is that one day - zero registrations, and the day follows - 1-2 registrations. one day off and one day on, and so on.

I have thought that there were fake clicks - that's may explain, but google team searched that - No faked clicks.
You can say people don't want to register my site no more, but this doesn't make scence statistically.

So, I have checked with the site hosting company - they didn't see any error logs, or something on event viewer (well, I have Apache server on Linux), or they don't have skills to find out what is it (If so, let me guide them what to check).

Now it is only guesses.
It happen to me also, that I got error http 403 (permission), but I don't have any sub-code, so I don't know to figure out what exactly is the problem.
(Maybe error 403 will lead to some conclusions ...)

I cannot give up.
Even google team didn't find out - as I know, there may be sophisticated engine that fake the click, so it is hard even for google team finding out the problem.

Please, help and advise.
It has been pass two weeks with the problem . I am worried about that.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Eitan,

Can you elaborate what the major issue is which you are facing? Is it the number of clicks going down or the number of registrations going down? Both are different scenarios.

In case if it is related to number of clicks, I would suggest you to tell us how have you structured your account in terms of campaigns i.e. whether you are running search, display or combined campaigns etc...

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Eitan,
So you mean that clicks haven't changed but the registrations are now less frequent. In this case you need to look at the trend of registrations on your website. Are you getting the registrations from some particular locations and not from the other locations you are targeting?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Not number of clicks but number of registration (that may be of many things - one thing is fake clicks. I can check each assumption, but there is lot of work to be done, unless the problem will be cleared enough).

Some assumptions:
You can always blame the code, but I don't think this is the issue (I got lot of assumptions , as the list of sub-code of 403 error, such as lot of sessions opened - bad that this cannot be checked by some PHP code).

Nothing has been changed on registration attitude. Same countries (mainly Kenia), same no. of clicks, so I have checked for holidays, and except for Eid al - Fitr, didn't see something special.
So what I suspect there are faked clicks, but I am not sure - in is only an assumption, or maybe something wrong in server side (another assumption), but what I can check for sure - Not even single clue ...

Any suggestions?
Thanks Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you check the visitor activity through Google Analytics? If there are clicks and no registrations what are the visitors doing on your page? If they are fake clicks then they must be bouncing off from your landing page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
How can I know for fake clicks?
As I have said, no. of clicks in adwords = no. of clicks in google analytics = no. of clicks seen on my site manager tool.

I can add trace on my site for "clicks" and "IPs" - need to write little code for that.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Question:
If a country is quite large (100 millions citizens).
Does ADWORDS at each day of campaign (or each several days) make the campaign on another area of the country?
If so - That may explain same clicks but not same final registration on my site (it depends also on behavior of the people on that area).

Thanks Smiley Happy