Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Valuetrack provides incorrect keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My company is using Valuetrack to receive keyword information (We have our own keyword analysis tool.) However, we have had clicks for the keyword, [the best accounting software], which is not in the keyword list in Google Ads. I am using exact match so there is no chance for keyword variations. I am receiving this click everyday since April 30. And one more thing I need to mention is these clicks are from Google IP address. (66.249.83.62, 66.249.85.102, 64.233.172.62)

Tarketed location for the campaign is Malaysia. I understand that if a user use Google proxy, they can use google server but overall, these visits don't make sense.

I would appreciate if you let me know possible reasons.

Thank you. 

Re: Valuetrack provides incorrect keyword

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
From the AdWords side of things:

Make sure you have opted out of plurals and close variations in the campaign settings. Also, add [the best accounting software] as a campaign negative just to be sure.

Where is this data coming from? Google analytics, the AdWords search terms reports, or your own admin/analytics program?
Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your advice. I will add it as a negative one to test.

Data is coming from my own analytics program using Valuetrack.

Click time is also weird.

4/30 11:41 am (Korean Standard Time)

5/1 12:51 pm

5/2 1:48 pm

5/3 2:48 pm

5/4 3:47 pm

5/5 4:50 pm

5/6 5:49 pm

We recieve clicks every 25 hours. Same keyword ([the best accounting software]) same IP (Google)

It doens't seem actual clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

I did a double-check and realized that I have a keyword [the best accounting software] in the list but Search term report said that we have received only 2 impressions and 0 clicks for last 7 days. So still doesn't make sense. Our own analystics tool said that we have 7 clicks for last 7 days.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Clicks, or visits? What is your admin actually tracking?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
7 visits but we can see they came from good ads so it can also mean 7 clicks.

We are software company so we developed our own tracking tool. We are using Valuetrack to keep track of keyword information.