AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ValueTrack Insert Content?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to use ValueTrack to insert dynamic content into landing page text content, like a headline?

Someone mentioned it to me but I don't know if it's a reality.

Sure, you can do that.  Just make sure you have default c...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Sure, you can do that.  Just make sure you have default content because the AdsBot-Google will check both w/ and w/o keywords.  Append something like ?kw={keyword} or &kw={keyword} (depends on whether or not you already have parameters) to your destination URL.  When your web server is parsing that parameter, keep in mind that it is not the search query but the keyword in your ad group that triggered the search query.  So, this will be more effective if you have exact matches.

Let us know how it works out for you.  Check your server logs for the AdsBot-Google visits and make sure you don't see any http status error codes.

Re: Sure, you can do that.  Just make sure you have default c...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rball.

I'm still confused about the code to put into the actual landing page to pull the keyword. For example with dynamic keyword insertion, the code to insert into the advert is {KeyWord:Golf Hats}, but what is it for the landing page, something similar?

{keyword:Golf Hats}

Re: Sure, you can do that.  Just make sure you have default c...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I just use {keyword} but I'm doing this for tracking purposes, not to populate the landing page content.  Might work if you include a default keyword in there.  Presumably, it will come across urlencoded, i.e. with %20 instead of a space.  See if this helps:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375447

Let us know if you are able to get this to work.