2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using same ad copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it acceptable to use the same ad copy in different ad groups?  I know that the keywords should be different b/c otherwise you are bidding against yourself, but I'm wondering if I had Ad X in both ad group A and ad group B, if that would affect my quality score or be disapproved of by Google.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Using same ad copy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It´s acceptable, against no rule, sometimes even prefered (if you wanna compare how the same ad perform with different keywords), but most often you wanna make some change to your ad to make it reflect the keyword(s) in the ad group.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It´s acceptable, against no rule, sometimes even prefered (if you wanna compare how the same ad perform with different keywords), but most often you wanna make some change to your ad to make it reflect the keyword(s) in the ad group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for the quick response.  In this case that is exaclty the reason we are using the same ad copy (just for about 2-4 ads), to compare how they perform in different ad groups taht have different key words.  Otherwise, the ad groups are very different from each other and have keywords that are related to the ad text.  I just wanted to make sure the ad copy being in more than one group wouldn't hurt our quality score.  Thanks!