AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using "Display Network only - All features". How to easily exclude all auto 'Mobile App' placements?

MrC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MrC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Getting a lot of bad traffic from these sources and to manually exclude the placements is a chore. Is there a way to completely opt-out from these in-app placements?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using "Display Network only - All features". How to easily exclude all auto 'Mobile Ap

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

An evident option: You may want to exclude all mobile devices under the Settings tab.

Re: Using "Display Network only - All features". How to easily exclude all auto 'Mobile Ap

MrC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
MrC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It could have been an option, but we'd like to avoid shutting mobile devices out completely as we're still seeing a fair amount of quality traffic coming from them (not to mention tablets). These 'Mobile Apps' placements however stand out with really poor figures.

And with a placement like "Mobile App: AccuWeather for iPhone (iTunes App Store), by AccuWeather, Inc." we're not sure how to block them all, since there are quite a few apps out there. :-)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi MrC,

I noticed in another thread that a Very Helpful Community Member (purefuzz) posted some information about blocking certain ISPs.

In his response to the other user, there's 2 very interesting options that "may" help you in achieving what you're trying accomplish.

Here's the links (Excluding sites + Categories) http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454012

(Excluding Pages about a Specific Topic)  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2456096

Again, I have to credit purefuzz as I probably wouldn't have seeked these urls out.

Hope this helps,

RPquest