AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using ebay stores in display URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am promoting an ebay store, I also have a landing page website and a Facebook page, but i wanted to just direct people straight from their search to the ebay store.  Is this OK?  The display URL for the ebay store is too many characters, is there a way to shorten it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Using ebay stores in display URL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Susan,

You can run display campaign for Ebay. I managed the same campaign for Amazon. You should short your display URL within allowed character limit. Display URL should be the same same domain, you are using for landing page.

I am sure you will do it and approved by Google.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
There is no issue (I am familiar with) to promote an ebay store;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The URL to the ebay store has too many characters, I guess I could just direct to my Facebook page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You could, but since Google could restrict the number of ads directing to the same top level domain on the same SERP you might find a tough competition resulting in  higher bids.
How come the landing page URL exceeds the 1024 characters allowed?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the display URL, which has to be 35 characters or less, correct?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Oh... Sorry I mistakenly replied about the landing page URL;
eybay.com/my-small-store?
I think that if you use a longer display URL, the system will automatically shorten it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Susan,

You can run display campaign for Ebay. I managed the same campaign for Amazon. You should short your display URL within allowed character limit. Display URL should be the same same domain, you are using for landing page.

I am sure you will do it and approved by Google.