4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using an OR statement in the new AdWords Editor filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I absolute love the new revamped AdWords Editor 11. There is just one feature I'm missing that was available in AdWords Editor 10: using OR statements. 

For example, I have many campaigns for different markets (read: countries) in one account. When setting bids, I like to bid lower for certain countries than others. This requires me to set up a filter like "Include all ad groups that contain the word "remarketing" and camaign name includes "France, India, United States or Hungary". With the old AdWords Editor this was easy: just put different statements in the Editor on seperate lines. With the new version of editor and the complete rebuild filter functionality, this does not seem possible anymore.

I've been pulling my hairs out over this, as I can't imagine Google would put such an essential reduction of functionality in the upgrade. But anything logical (like using the word OR, or the | symbol) doesn't work. If anyone figured out a way to bring back this functionality, I would be very grateful if you could tell the world!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using an OR statement in the new AdWords Editor filters

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
This feature will be in the next release.