2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using ad preview to google something as a user from another country

N/A
# 1
N/A

I have a product that I am thinking of selling in Japan (I am in the UK).  Before proceeding any further I want to check if the product is already being sold there and if so at what kind of prices.

So I want to google the product as if I was a user in Japan, and see the results they would see rather than the UK results.

An online article suggested the best way to achieve this is to use adwords ad preview, and this does indeed have some options down the side that lets me select the location (Japan) and the domain (google.jp) but when I searh on a keyword I just get exactly the same results as when I search using google.co.uk - what am I missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using ad preview to google something as a user from another country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

The missing factor is that the system customizes the SERPs you see to your searching habits and history that are stored on your current device. E.g. natural listings you clicked on earlier will be shown to you more frequently and vica versa. Hence you are advised to either first get rid of your device level history or use a different device for your current purposes.

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

But isn't the whole point of giving us the option of searching from another location that we see what they would see from that other location? And therefore it would be common sense to ignore history and habits if that would affect the results? If we just see exactly the same results no matter what country or google domain we specify then what is the point of that section of ad preview???

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The point is that you'll see what you would see from that other location on your current device.

Best,
Lakatos

N/A
# 5
N/A
But if the end result is that I see EXACTLY the same results (and number of results) no matter what country I go to, then that's just stupid.

But, on the assumption that it is just stupid and it's not going to change, how do I "get rid of your device level history" so I can see Japanese results in Japanese google? Or is there a non adwords way of achieving the same result.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again,

This is what you are advised to do. (Linking you to an article by Google Employee @Raashi A)

***   Clearing Cache and Cookies   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/Clearing-Cache-and-Cookies/m-p/6774...

Best,
Lakatos