AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using Customer Match on different 'campaigns/AdGroups'

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am using Customer Match and our 30k email address for one campaign.  This is a general campaign and it is working well. 

But I have now created a new 'campaign' (this campaign is very specific and doesn't overlap the general campaign) by 'copying and pasting' the existing one.  Changing the adverts and bidding value.  But it doesn't seem to be working, that is all figures are 0 

So I am wondering is it possible to have two campaign with one shared library of email addresses?   Apart from all tracking/clicks/cpc etc showing as 0 for the new campaign...this campaign is actually targetting keywords etc that has a far higher search volume than the general one. 

Maybe there is something I may have missed by 'copying and pasting' rather than manually setting up the new customer match campaign.

Many thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Your customer match shouldn't be the issue. Are you using it for a Display Network or a Gmail Sponsored Promotions Campaign? 

Please provide more information about the campaign. 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am using Search Network with my emails in Shared Library as the Audience. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The copy/paste should be fine, but what is the difference of the two campaigns?  Are they different geographies?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

One is based on our brand name and the other is based on an airport.  We sell airport parking

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So, i'm guessing that the general one is getting traffic and the brand one isn't?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So the brand one is just for brand...the specific one is for one specific airport.

So I probably used the wrong terminology.  We have 

General customer match campaign -  using our email list as audience and keywords are just variations on our company name - bringing in conversions. 

Specific customer match campaign -  using same email list from shared library and keywords are very specific for this airport -  so far no clicks, no impressions, no cost, no nothing. 

So I just wondering if the reason could be that you cannot have two different campaigns using the same customer email list?