1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using Adwords for Amazon Affiliate Store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a really hard time finding an answer to this....I am building an Amazon Affiliate Store...it is a Wordpress e-commerce website (using WooCommerce) which is populated by products found on Amazon (in a specific niche).  When a customer is shopping on my site, they are only redirected to Amazon for payment AFTER they have finished shopping.  Can I use Google Adwords to advertise the products on my site or is this considered a bridge page?  Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Adwords for Amazon Affiliate Store

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chantal,

There are several factors that go into determining whether a site is a bridge page. On some levels it is a subjective decision by the AdWords team.

Here is a great article about bridge pages, and has a number of ideas to increase chances of your site being in compliance.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alexander but that article is from 2012...just wondering if it's up-to-date?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

To my recollection  Amazone restricts traffic from Adwords

Your landing page (to which the user is directed after clicking) must have added value content

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Chantal,

I believe that article closely matches current Google policy. If a website is basically a bridge page that lists exactly the same content as on Amazon, without any additional content or additional helpful features (as outlined in the article), then it doesn't really add value to the searcher.

Google's goal is to display highly relevant search results, whether organic or paid, so that the consumer experience is a good one and people keep searching on Google. If the page doesn't add much value beyond hand-picked Amazon products, it may be perceived as hurting the user experience, which means that the user is less likely to search on Google in the future.

It's hard to tell what Google would decide with your website without seeing it first. But the question is whether it adds more value beyond just showing product listings also available on Amazon. Therefore, as @MosheTLV mentioned, you may want to add good, original content to the site first. Because if you try to run ads and just see what happens, your account could get suspended.

Another thing you could do, is go to your AdWords account, and contact the support team and get their assessment on it before running any ads.

Doing either of the above would probably be better than taking a chance of suspension.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV - I think it is against Amazon's rules to send direct traffic with PPC. In my case it wouldn't be direct because they would be landing on my site first. (still looking into this).

@Alexander S - I understand the "relevant content" issue for sure...but also a little confused. I plan to have a blog with tons of relevant content. As for the Amazon products themselves, do I need different content for the product descriptions?

Here's my situation so everyone understands better: I own a greenhouse operation and garden center. It is a "brick and mortar" business. We thought it would be a good idea to promote related products from Amazon rather than stocking it (to start with anyways). I'm a web designer by trade so designing an ecommerce store is not a biggie.

I like the idea of contacting the support team prior to launching an Adwords campaign...I wasn't aware that I could get an assessment - great idea!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChantalV
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

beyond the amazon policies, as was indicated, there is a phalanx of
abuse-of-the-ad-network and related policies that must be overcome
to avoid a suspension.