Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Using AdWords with Persian keywords and targeting Iran

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Since Iran is not in the target list, how can I target visitors from Iran IP addresses?

Please guide me.

I should note that although Iran doesn't exist in the list, but Google shows AdWords for some Persian keywords in Iran. Please look at this photo:

Untitled.pngAdwords are shown with Persian keywords for Iranian IP address

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sattar,

Please check my old thread on the same topic @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Targeting-Iran-In-Google-Ad/td-...

Hope this helps.

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very thanks @santosh s for your reply.

I read the link you provided. There are some points I should notice. I would appreciate if you help me according to your response.

1) You said: "Iranians cannot officially advertise in Google". But my Business is not Iranian. I just want to target Iranian people.

2) Also I hold legal international credit and debit cards.

3) "... but Iranian advertisers run their ads in Persian language too.". That's exactly my question! According to the photo in my question, there are ads in Persian language. I just want to know, how can I do this?

Re: Using AdWords with Persian keywords and targeting Iran

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sattar H,

Persian language is supported by Google with regard to ad copy text and keywords. 

Capture-oct20a.PNG

However, currently you cannot target Iran or parts of it by the location targeting feature. However, sanctions are reportedly being lifted which may be reflected In Google's policies also in the near future.

Best,

Lakatos