Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

User interface and API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

i would like to know what is the difference between user interface API access and standard access?

thanks,

bader

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bader a
September 2015

Re: User interface and API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bader, 

Welcome to the community. We are so glad that you have joined us. 

To answer your question, User Interface and API access is granting full administrator access. We are now referring to this feature as "linking via a My Client Center".

When you link through a MCC account, you are granting that user full ability to change information, see your billing information, etc on your behalf. 

You can find out more about access levels by clicking here

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bader a
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bader, 

Welcome to the community. We are so glad that you have joined us. 

To answer your question, User Interface and API access is granting full administrator access. We are now referring to this feature as "linking via a My Client Center".

When you link through a MCC account, you are granting that user full ability to change information, see your billing information, etc on your behalf. 

You can find out more about access levels by clicking here

Hope that helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Earlier today i got a call from someone by the name of Aishah who introduced herself as a adwords support representative from India and asked me by directing me to the account access setting to give her "user interface API". The email address she used was a google.com email address.

She basically called to say she has been assigned to look into my adwords billing suspension issue and said she will pass my case to her manager and after a few minutes she returned saying that she will have to pass my case to a support expert in Singapore and after reviewing may billing issue will get back to me within the next few days.

I just removed the API access as I felt suspicious, why would Google ask me for API when they have direct access to my account and there is no need for them to have API user interface.

Has anyone else experienced this? was she really from Google or am I seeing more into this and worrying for no reason?