1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

User Access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to provide a colleague access to my adwords account so he can manage a specific campaign therein

However, after creating a NEW gmail account (via gmail) and providing this new gmail account access (via the admin), the account is not accessible via the new gmail account.

When attempting to log in, it asks questions for a NEW adwords account instead of just allowing for access to the account I provided access to. Please help as this whole thing just keeps looping

Thanks

Lee

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: User Access

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi guys,

The form you go to when you click on the invitation link is confusing and counter-intuitive. There are 2 options: I already have an account and I do not have an account. When accepting the invitation, the proper option is "I already have an account". You will then be guided toward accepting the invitation rather than open a new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have also this problem. When add new users then it send verification/activation link and after clicking it ask to create new account by providing 2 option. After selecting anyone option, it create a new account and so can't add  him as users in existing account. may be I missed something. Just tried 1-2 time after then   I create new MMC account and provide access to others to manage any account. It seems me easy if handling many accounts.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi guys,

The form you go to when you click on the invitation link is confusing and counter-intuitive. There are 2 options: I already have an account and I do not have an account. When accepting the invitation, the proper option is "I already have an account". You will then be guided toward accepting the invitation rather than open a new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
user Admin help website