AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Used interest in a re-marketing campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup a Re-marketing campaign and then used Interest & Re-marketing tab to further filter to Re-market ONLY to people who have those interests.

Although I did not start sending traffic to my website ( as per my will) I had 230 clicks on my Re-marketing campaign from March 31st - April 2nd.

Went to Analytics and  209 are new visitors and only 21 are returning visitors. How can this be?

Even if my audience list is large, even if I use all interests or anything, Re-marketing campaign states that it will only target people who have previously visited my site. So in that period of time, only 21 clicks could be the top, as all the other 209 have never, ever previously visited my site.

I called an adwords rep. but  although she was very cooperative, she did not understand my questioning. There is no way to talk to somebody who is knowledgeable, they do not take the phone.

If Google will target people with those interests, even if they did not previously visit my site, this tab should not be available within a remarketing campaign and if it is avalable, should even further filter the targets.

Can anyone explain where am I wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Used interest in a re-marketing campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

which configuration did you choose "bid only" or "target and bid"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Value C,

By adding interests to a remarketing campaign, you broadened the reach of your remarketing campaign to include users outside of your remarketing list/audience.

I would suggest that you ONLY target your remarketing audience so that those users are the only ones who could see your ad.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Moshe,

I just started with Adwords and I did not see these options. Where are they?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Value C;

Check this link;

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Got it. A quick question. I'd like to learn faster, but I am thinking on hiring someone to help me with my campaigns. Do you know anyone that is good and reasonable?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Value C;

The guidelines of this community do not allow promotion of management / consulting services.- so I can't do that

Moreover; choosing the right person / agency  involves many factors: the structure and complexity of the campaign; the budget; targeting audience...etc...My experience : AdWords is huge...there are many disciplines within AdWords. Define the goals of your campaign, and make sure that the one you hire understands the topic!