AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Use Ad Extension Forward # to forward to another forwarded number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use Google ad extension Forward Number to forward to a callfire number that is also technically forwarding it?  So Basically Google would forward it to our callfire tracking number that records the phone calls. And this callfire number will forward the google number to the main number. So two forwards. Will this cause any issues?

Thanks!

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Use Ad Extension Forward # to forward to another forwarded number.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
David,

Welcome to AdWords communitySmiley Happy

When you use call forwarding number. Google will forward the number into the number which you assign (let's say xxxxx). But you want to forward to this no xxxxx into another number yyyyy.

Thus if you want to forward callfire number into another number. Then you can directly assign callfire number in Forwarding setting. Google will forward the number into callfire number.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Use Ad Extension Forward # to forward to another forwarded number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer. I know I can have google forward directly to the callfire number which is directing to another, but this won't allow me to get keyword level tracking for that phone number. The only way to have keyword level tracking with google (at least the free way) is to use their forwarding numbers. So my questions is, is there any way to test their numbers without being charged, if not, will I have any issues getting the phone call to go completely through if I have three forwards? Google Forward -> Call Fire - > Main Line.

Thanks and Happy New Year!