Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Usage of my trademark name

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

somewhere I've seen some post or article about how you can use your own trademark in Ads with TM symbol.

And next thing was you can use your trademark in uppercase in your ads if you want. Is it like that?

Or do I need to have one more trademark on my company name in capitols?

For example: if I have company Pineapple and trademark for Pineapple. Can I use PINEAPPLE in my ad or do I need to file another trademark request for PINEAPPLE and then I can use it?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Re: Usage of my trademark name

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alex,

Usage of capitals are allowed, provided it is a trademarked term you own. As per your example, you'll have to get the term 'PINEAPPLE' trademarked, to be able to use it as such. More info about exception here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Please not the trade name  has to be registered  using capitalization, and used in capitalization consistently all over the website

e.g APPLE is not allowed, since the trade-name goes:  Apple.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Alex,

Usage of capitals are allowed, provided it is a trademarked term you own. As per your example, you'll have to get the term 'PINEAPPLE' trademarked, to be able to use it as such. More info about exception here.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Please not the trade name  has to be registered  using capitalization, and used in capitalization consistently all over the website

e.g APPLE is not allowed, since the trade-name goes:  Apple.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’