Guide Me
star_border

Upgraded call extension?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I read in adwords help that now calling feature is free for desktop version also. but I am little confused.

I need few things to be cleared.

1. When you see clicks in call extension tab, what it is really? is it ad click or is it someone clicked on the call button?

2. metric values are showing for Desktop also , that means did users clicked call button from desktop?

3. If Clicks i got from call extension is by clicking call button , should i have to take it as calls?

Can anyone clarify it...???? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Wyatt (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Upgraded call extension?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi praveenoa,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you!  I have broken down my answer based on the questions you've posed in your original post.

1. "When you see clicks in the call extension tab, what is it really?"

The numbers that you see in the call extension tab reflect the clicks/impressions/CTR/etc statistics that occurred on your ad when that particular ad extension appeared.  So, for example, if you had a call extension that had 53 clicks on it, that would mean that your ad got clicked on 53 times when the phone number also appeared.  This does not mean, however, that someone tried to call you 53 times.

In order to see that data, you should click on Segment > Click Type underneath the Ad Extensions tab of your account.  (You can read more about segmenting data here.) From there, you'll see the clicks/impressions, etc you've received broken down by whether the user clicked on a headline, the phone number, or some other ad extension that appeared simultaneously.

2. "Metric values are showing for Desktop also, does that mean that users clicked the call button from desktop?" 

As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't a "call" button on desktop - it should only display the forwarding number for you, so if you segment the data again for desktops, you should be able to get a better breakdown of how this traffic breaks down for you.  You can also evaluate information about the calls you've received using the Google Call Forwarding service on the Dimensions tab.  Simply click Dimensions and then change the View to "Call Details".  If this doesn't entirely answer your question, feel free to clarify it here!

3. "Are clicks on a call extension the same thing as receiving a phone call?"

As described in quesstion 1, you should segment the data by click type in order to see what part of the ad people actually clicked on.  It's entirely possible someone clicked on your ad itself instead of the phone number, which would mean that they went to your website instead of calling you.

Sincerely,

Wyatt

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Wyatt (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi praveenoa,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you!  I have broken down my answer based on the questions you've posed in your original post.

1. "When you see clicks in the call extension tab, what is it really?"

The numbers that you see in the call extension tab reflect the clicks/impressions/CTR/etc statistics that occurred on your ad when that particular ad extension appeared.  So, for example, if you had a call extension that had 53 clicks on it, that would mean that your ad got clicked on 53 times when the phone number also appeared.  This does not mean, however, that someone tried to call you 53 times.

In order to see that data, you should click on Segment > Click Type underneath the Ad Extensions tab of your account.  (You can read more about segmenting data here.) From there, you'll see the clicks/impressions, etc you've received broken down by whether the user clicked on a headline, the phone number, or some other ad extension that appeared simultaneously.

2. "Metric values are showing for Desktop also, does that mean that users clicked the call button from desktop?" 

As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't a "call" button on desktop - it should only display the forwarding number for you, so if you segment the data again for desktops, you should be able to get a better breakdown of how this traffic breaks down for you.  You can also evaluate information about the calls you've received using the Google Call Forwarding service on the Dimensions tab.  Simply click Dimensions and then change the View to "Call Details".  If this doesn't entirely answer your question, feel free to clarify it here!

3. "Are clicks on a call extension the same thing as receiving a phone call?"

As described in quesstion 1, you should segment the data by click type in order to see what part of the ad people actually clicked on.  It's entirely possible someone clicked on your ad itself instead of the phone number, which would mean that they went to your website instead of calling you.

Sincerely,

Wyatt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes