2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Updating landing page url for ad without losing stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am trying to update a few ads with a new landing page URL but I don't want to lose the stats.
I tried using Edit - Upgrade Destination URL's, but when I try this I get the message "Your change was not applicable to any of the selected rows." Any help on how I can get this done is appreciated. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you change an ad, the stats revert to zero... so the best thing to do is make a duplicate of the ad, make the change and pause the first - this way you will keep the stats of the original intact.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Kyle C

In this case i would suggest to pause the old ads and upload/add new ones so that you have all history with yourself

Regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you change an ad, the stats revert to zero... so the best thing to do is make a duplicate of the ad, make the change and pause the first - this way you will keep the stats of the original intact.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the replies. Instead of pausing active ads and creating new ads, is there not a way to update active ads landing page url without losing stats? To be clear, the only part of the ad that needs updating is the landing page url.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kyle C,

You don't lose the stats when you delete or remove an ad, you just have to look in a different place for it. When on the ads tab, select "All" instead of "All enabled" or "All but removed". When you pause or delete an ad, you will still need to set a date range when the ad was active to see the data.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is true that the stats are not "lost" in this process, but can you answer as to whether these stats continue to be a ranking signal for Google if the ad is deleted?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi ndlinn,

It's best to start a new thread with a new question. Yes, stats on deleted ads and keywords continue to be a ranking signal for QS. Google does not disclose how long stats continue to affect your account scores. It seems to be 60 to 90 days, could be longer.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords