5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Update address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Your address cannot be shown because it cannot be accurately pinpointed. Please update your address."

How do I update my address? My Adwords account was pulled from Google places so how can it be inaccurate? It was verified when I set up the places account. HELP! I can't find any way to double check the address in Adwords. Thanks!
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Update address

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Hillary,

I imagine you are trying to manually associate your business address with your advertising. Typically when this sort of issue occurs (and you are positive the location is being entered correctly in the fields), it is an issue where Google isn't able to know exactly where the address is; hence, the error message you saw. To correct this issue and associate your address with the ad you can do one of the following: 

1. Use the "Report a Problem" link within Google Maps to give Maps the exact location of your business which we will then pin point and accept in AdWords.
  2. Add the address to your Places/+Local page and link to AdWords rather than using a manually entered address. 

The first solution will take a while to be processed as such I would recommend #2 here. Absolutely though follow one of the above to associate your business address with the ads.  

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Update address

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Hillary,

I imagine you are trying to manually associate your business address with your advertising. Typically when this sort of issue occurs (and you are positive the location is being entered correctly in the fields), it is an issue where Google isn't able to know exactly where the address is; hence, the error message you saw. To correct this issue and associate your address with the ad you can do one of the following: 

1. Use the "Report a Problem" link within Google Maps to give Maps the exact location of your business which we will then pin point and accept in AdWords.
  2. Add the address to your Places/+Local page and link to AdWords rather than using a manually entered address. 

The first solution will take a while to be processed as such I would recommend #2 here. Absolutely though follow one of the above to associate your business address with the ads.  

Hope that helps.