2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Update Browser

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep getting the message that I need to update my browser. This information is false. The browser, which I checked, is the most up to date. Why is it showing this extremely irritating message and how do I get it to go away. DO NOT SAY UPDATE YOUR BROWSER I ALREADY TRIED THAT! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Update Browser

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Catie,

Are u sure you get this message from Google Adwords? Its highly unlikely and in most of the cases these kind of messages pop of due to malicious softwares from your computer. Please do a virus scan and check your PC.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am absolutely sure it is from Google Adwords I need it for work and it is incredibly frustrating.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Catie, this message actual only for popular browsers and not betas/alphas. So, if you use this browser think you know how to change your User-Agent string for AdWords manually.

Nisal, this message based only on User-Agent of HTTP request Headers, virus scan and check PC can't change nothing for this message.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Catie C;

Which browser and version are you using?
Please note that AdWords supports the current version and the prior version of Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

MosheTLV, better to say HTML & JS engines of this versions, that have many other browsers. And more better - web standarts of this versions.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Darts P;

Not sure what you mean by JS and HTML versions. (We are surely not talking about Chrome Canary release channels... Smiley Surprised  )  The AdWords web UI is a platform for advertisers -  not for developers...

I also checked Google's official language, which is very similar to my sentence, with the same meaning:

>>"AdWords generally supports the current and prior major release of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Please download the latest version of one of the browsers listed below to start using AdWords:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704376?hl=en

Links provided in the article direct   to the latest release for users.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
MosheTLV, many of advertisers are developers, so you are wrong (I feel defference between "not" & "not only"). This words only for Advertisers that not developers, so there phrase "generally" from Google, but you didn't write it.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Darts P;

First, I would be cautious before using  words as "wrong". AdWords is so complex that some caution is advised, before being that decisive...

And further - the term "generally" refers to the browser versions, since there have been (rare) cases in which Google supported  the current version and the last  2 versions. (e.g IE8)

In any case, it would be better to wait to the OP to clarify his reply so an  answer can be given based on the actual browser  and version the OP uses.