2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unrealistic Daily Potential Reach

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I first started looking at advertising on adwords it quoted for my daily budget and settings a Daily Potential Reach of 488+ clicks with 10k+ impressions.

I'm getting nowhere near that level of clicks or impressions - less than fifth of impression and barely double digit clicks.

What's going on....?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unrealistic Daily Potential Reach

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It's just not depend on your budget or AdWords account balance. there have a lot of calculation to bring Potential Reach of an ad, such as- ad rank, quality score, bid type etc. please see here, it may help you best : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

While setting budgets as per Google AdWords recommendations is a good way to start your campaign but you also need to set a high enough bid for your keywords or targeting at ad group level.

I suggest you go to your keywords tab, look at the keyword bid column (Max CPC column) and raise the bid as much as possible. You may also have suggestions on how much you should increase your bids to, that is another good way of doing this.

Do give this a try and let us know if you are still facing issues with traffic for your campaigns.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yea I also agree with Mr.ShashankSingh.
Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Alex,

Unfortunately, the Google algorithms that determine potential for keyword impressions/click volume can vary widely from reality. I've seen the same type of issue you're seeing (higher expected volume & lower reality) as well as it's opposite (low expected volume & much higher in reality). 

There are a few things you might look into doing to expand your reach (assuming you're on just the Search Network): 

1. Check your Keyword Status column. Is Google giving you any reasons why you're not seeing as much volume as expected? (Below first page bid, Low Search Volume, Low Quality Score?)
  2. Expand your keyword selection. Branch into new keyword variations to find new volume.
  3. Choose less restrictive keyword match types. Include keyword match types for Exact, Phrase, and Broad Match Modifier terms to potentially expand coverage. (I recommend staying away from standard Broad Match keywords as they can produce lack luster search queries.)
  4. Increase bids. If you're keywords were selected well and there aren't any issues identified by Google, you could be showing in low average position. Raising your bid may allow you to gain some traction. 

If you give me a little more information, I might be able to give some more detailed info. 

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michelle,

Many thanks for your input, my question is why is the daily potential clicks 35+ clicks and the number of impressions are 2K+.. does that mean the average is 35 clicks or what?
Many thanks,
Hodeefa