AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unlimited Daily Budget with Limited Monthly Budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to set an unlimited daily budget, while keeping a limited monthly budget? I realize that my ads will probably show during the beginning of the month and then stop running halfway through once the monthly budget has been reached. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark L
September 2015

Re: Unlimited Daily Budget with Limited Monthly Budget?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

No, I don't believe there's any setting for "unlimited" for your daily budget. Also, you cannot set a monthly spending limit different than the Daily Spending x 30.4 method. 

What you can do is to set a higher daily cap and then either set up a rule to pause your ads when spend reaches a certain amount in a month or log on a few times a day and try to shut down your spending when you have almost reached the cap.

Neither method is 100% reliable because of data posting delays but an automatic rule will do it's best to limit your total spend. (I would caution you that any rule you set may/may not work the way you intend, so you should test carefully.)

You should also bear in mind that when the amount spent on clicks in a month comes close to whatever cap you're using in your rule, ad delivery will be significantly slowed down as the program tries not to overrun your desired spending amount.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark L
September 2015

Re: Unlimited Daily Budget with Limited Monthly Budget?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

No, I don't believe there's any setting for "unlimited" for your daily budget. Also, you cannot set a monthly spending limit different than the Daily Spending x 30.4 method. 

What you can do is to set a higher daily cap and then either set up a rule to pause your ads when spend reaches a certain amount in a month or log on a few times a day and try to shut down your spending when you have almost reached the cap.

Neither method is 100% reliable because of data posting delays but an automatic rule will do it's best to limit your total spend. (I would caution you that any rule you set may/may not work the way you intend, so you should test carefully.)

You should also bear in mind that when the amount spent on clicks in a month comes close to whatever cap you're using in your rule, ad delivery will be significantly slowed down as the program tries not to overrun your desired spending amount.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*