Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Universal App Campaign:Please Help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have a question.In case of Universal App campaign for android apps,i have noticed that there is no such targeting required(no keywords,placemant or such thing)

So how I can manage my app targeting in this case?Is that Adwords automatically define the targeting for universal app campaign?

Please explain step by step.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
November 2015

Re: Universal App Campaign:Please Help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Most likely the same way they give placement suggestions in Display Planner and keyword suggestions in Keyword Planner... only Google knows at this stage as it is still very new.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Soumik,

You are correct, Google will serve thmost relevant ad inventory and placements available. Google has create this is a set it and forget it campaign where you only really have control over location, language, budget and bids.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand.But how does Google determines which is the best place to target for my app?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Soumik Ghosh
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Most likely the same way they give placement suggestions in Display Planner and keyword suggestions in Keyword Planner... only Google knows at this stage as it is still very new.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bryan.
Please always be in touch.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

Yes Adwords doesn't offer to target audiance through keywords, placement or category in it's Universal App Campaign. You can target audience over Google Search, the AdMob network, mobile sites, YouTube and Google Play.

Adwords targets audience same as Display Network, means on the basis of you content and bid and locations. These are the only terms you can set with your campaign:
- 4 ad text ideas
- YouTube Video
- Language
- Budget

On the basis of these info and it's own targeting method Adwords will display your App to the relevant audiences.

Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all for your help