Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

United Kingdom but Irish VAT?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my AdWords account with Google and when attempting to inset my billing information under Billing->Billing Preferences there seems to be a bug. I select that I am from the UK (I live in England) 

Select UK

but on the next page it asks me to agree to Irish VAT rate? 

Irish?

I continued the process out of interest and after entering my bank details and promo code it gave me Google's Irish T&Cs!

Hope somebody can help before my promo code runs out (April 30th)

Thanks a lot

David

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: United Kingdom but Irish VAT?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Dagittins;

Google European activities is run from Ireland where Google (Ireland) is registered, Your agreement is signed with Google (Ireland). Thus, Google (Ireland) is subjected to the tax code of Ireland, and you are charged by Ireland VAT rate. You need to check with your accountant, if you can deduct (or reimbursed) for VAT charged within the EU.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Dagittins,

Please read this article: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=168223

Good Luck,

Asaf

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dagittins,

Please lead the article from the Help Center as it explains exactly what it means when you select "personal" and not "business" as your tax status. I'd like to also include a link to the article on how to redeem a promo code.

Good luck,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Dagittins;

Google European activities is run from Ireland where Google (Ireland) is registered, Your agreement is signed with Google (Ireland). Thus, Google (Ireland) is subjected to the tax code of Ireland, and you are charged by Ireland VAT rate. You need to check with your accountant, if you can deduct (or reimbursed) for VAT charged within the EU.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

One of my clients pestered me on how to get a VAT return from her money spent on AdWords. Figured out the VAT message only comes up when you select personal - there is no VAT charged on business!