Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unfair practices

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been declined by adwords of running a bridge site though my site is a membership only site for sweepstakes members

my format of postings is indentical to 

Sweepstakestoday.com which uses adwords

my site 

Win-it-world.com has been declined and I am instructed to write content in a different manner than the others in the industry.

This is confusing and contradictory is their anyone that can compare and advise me as to fitting into policy guidelines without changing the legal discription of prizes from sponsors.

Sweepstakes Today

www.sweepstakestoday.com

$30+ million in Sweepstakes Prizes
High quality sponsors only

Free Contests Sweepstakes

Questions Free Contests Sweepstakes
Free Contests Sweepstakes Answers

Adwords ad running currently

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unfair practices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know your dilemma although not the same situation.  I have a product for which there's no competition, yet I have to use ad words in my campaign to get prospects to our site.  Unfortunately, I pay out the teeth to get clicks, but then nothing happens.  Have had an issue with Google for over a year, as they can't explain why I'm not getting anything other than high invoices from them...??  I've got my campaigns paused for now, since my product is summer time swimming pool based.  Feel free to check out the website at sportsbackstops.com.  Any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi sportsbackstops, your question would really be better served as it's own thread, there are a LOT of reasons why you may not be receiving conversons from your campaign(s) and they don't all relate to the original poster.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon:

You're correct with your comment and I will start a new post for that reason.....just had to get some frustrations out about Google's charges and no business.  Thanks for your comment.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No problem, sportsbackstops, please start a new thread.

@KTerceira, I apologise for not answering your original question, I'm unable to answer it at this time.  Hopefully another TC or valued contributor will answer soon.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I think the difference between TS website and the other one mentioned, is that TS website only links to sweepstake info that is behind a password. The other website has a page in between. 

Both seem to lack own original content, or anything else "to make a difference on the web"  for that matter...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

I have to agree with  marketsharer here. I glanced at the website and it's certainly constructed like a bridge website.

While I understand that  you want your sweepstakes infor behind a wall, you'd really want to add some kind of other, relevant content--additional pages--outside the wall in order to escape the "bridge" definition.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

More and more we are seeing that G want community along with content.  sweepstatestoday.com has forums that may aid in the ranking that they are getting with G. I would suggest more content on a regular basis to offset the change that G will deny you again.