Guide Me
star_border

Understanding Placement Options

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

When I go to manage placements,I see two options to choose one of them below every section such as placement,topics,Interest and remarketing etc.

Say its placements section,here the two options are:

1)Show ads only on these placements

2)Show ads on all eligible placements

Now My question is whats the actual difference between this two? Specially whats would be the result from the second one?

If I choose the first one, my ads won't be shown out of those placements as it says.

And if I choose the second one,I am not enforcing to show my ads to my seleted placements, rather the ads are free to be displayed any relevant placements including my selected ones.Am I right?

If I am right, I find no reason to select placements by searching, chosing the second option will play the complete roll.

I hope to get out of confusion.

Azad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Understanding Placement Options

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello asazad555

This article explains very nicely the difference between the two targeting methods:

Please note, that if you check the second option, your ads might show on sites you did not choose.

Targeting and bid settings at the ad group level

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1209882

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’