AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Under 18 but can i use parents as consent?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so im under 18, but i want to run ads for the videos i produce. could i do this if i ran the ads through say one of my parents bank accounts or details. please reply with an answer 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Under 18 but can i use parents as consent?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kattungarr,

As you already seem to know, Google's policy is pretty clear.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1664276

Billing information is probably not going to be enough.  I don't think anyone here will vouch for a 'workaround' but perhaps someone that is 18+ could mentor you in running an Adwords account.  A parent could set up an Adwords account with their Google account and billing information and then work on running ads promoting your videos with you. Smiley Happy

What I will caution you on is that if you have Google accounts that clearly state your age, don't try to get around the age problem.  You'll risk suspension which, in most cases, is irreversible. 

Sorry I don't have more to offer.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Kattungarr;

Could you be clear on the Google Product you are interested in : Do you desire to advertise your own video website (all videos are yours! no copyright infringement) using AdWords, or do you wish to join AdSense program, and have Google ads on your YouTube video channel.?

In the latter, though, this is not the forum for that , there is a procedure, in which  your parents will take responsibly. Run a Google search for "AdSense age verification". You'll find many discussions on that.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Brian (Follower ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kattungarr,

I'm excited to hear that you want to use AdWords to promote your videos! I've helped support several advertisers who were promoting their work on Youtube, and it looked like they were getting some great traffic. I will repeat the sentiment of others on this post that the age requirements are pretty explicit on AdWords. I would suggest that you work with your parent(s) to  advertise with AdWords. It might be a good opprotunity to learn how to do something together. Who knows, maybe they'll even show you a think or two. Smiley Wink

I hope that you can work with your parents and get on board with AdWords! If you need help once you've setup your account, feel free to post a quwstion on this Community or contact support by clicking on 'Contact AdWords' in the upper right-hand corner. 

Happy Advertising,

Brian D.

Under 18 but can i use parents as consent?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

tell me how to write an application for adword for account under 18age