star_border

Unavailable - Display only

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

Unavailable - Display only

Hi Guys,

We have setup an Google Adowrds Remarketing for our website. We have used Google Analytics Remarketing tag for this Remarekting.

We are getting this message "Unavailable - Display only" and "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website" while we have checked the Adwords account

We are using Google Analytics Remarketing tag instead of Google Adwords Remarketing tag.

My concern is, whether we need to add both the Analytics and Adwords remarketing tag in our website to fix this issuse. kindly help me

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: Unavailable - Display only

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If you want to use a campaign for remarketing in Search , you need an audience generated with the AdWords tag code described in here : link

Read more from here about RLSA campaigns : link

The message "Unavailable display only"  appears on the column List size (Google Search) only for audiences generated from Google analytics remarketing code ( with the doubleclick.net line added in the analytics code). This means that this audience cannot be used in Remarketing in search campaigns ( RLSA).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If you want to use a campaign for remarketing in Search , you need an audience generated with the AdWords tag code described in here : link

Read more from here about RLSA campaigns : link

The message "Unavailable display only"  appears on the column List size (Google Search) only for audiences generated from Google analytics remarketing code ( with the doubleclick.net line added in the analytics code). This means that this audience cannot be used in Remarketing in search campaigns ( RLSA).

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, further to Adrian's reply, even if you do place the AdWords tag on your site, Remarketing for Search will not become active until you have a minimum of 1000 cookies in your list.  Obviously, how long it will take to reach this number depends upon how busy your site is but it's worth bearing in mind if you're not seeing any impressions/clicks.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community.
May I ask what kind of network do you use? It is Search Network or Display Network?
*To use remarketing on the Google Display Network, you may want to choose "Display Network only - Remarketing" as your campaign type when you create your campaign. The default settings in this campaign type can help you achieve better performance by keeping your targeting broad enough but focused on the right audience. To use remarketing lists for search ads, you may want to select "Search Network only - All features" as your campaign type.
*Look at this link- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 5
N/A

Guys,

Many thanks for all your response.

Im using Site Remarketing as a separate campaign and Search Remarketing as a separate campaign.

Should i need to use both the Google analytics and Google adwords remarketing tags list and codes.

Please guide me

Thanks in advance.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again, as explained in an earlier comment, Google Analytics lists can only currently be used on Display Network Campaigns so if you want to run Remarketing via Search you'll also need to add the AdWords Remarketing tag to your site pages.

Search Remarketing does require Keywords to function so in some cases it may not be necessary to run a separate Campaign - all you need do is apply the Remaketing List as "Bid Only" to increase bids for people on your list.  If you do want a separate Campaign, you can use much broader Keywords than you would normally and then use the "Target & Bid" option; this can increase the reach of your Ads while retaining relevancy.

More about Remarketing

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits