AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to user Firebase dynamic link in adword Display only App Install Campaign.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to use Firebase dynamic link https://u494t.app.goo.gl/F3IK created in Firebase Console in adword Display only App Install Campaign. When I add this url as Final URL in adword, I am getting error. "Value is Invalid".

Screenshot URL for reference : Screen Shot Link
When I contacted Adword support, they did not give proper resolution, instead asked me to contact Firebase Support . I do not think this is a Firebase issue. 

Aany help or information to resolve this issue would be very much helpful as I cant start promotion until this issue is resolved.

Regards,
Venkat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Unable to user Firebase dynamic link in adword Display only App Install Campaign.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Venkat,

The problem is you are using a URL shortening service. The Final URL has to match the domain where the users ends up--after all redirects. In this case, the domain is: edutainmentapp.com. You can have subdomains (www.edutainmentapp.com), and you can include path information (www.edutainmentapp.com/mycoolapp.html). The subdomain and path are not required to be reachable URL, but I like it to show a URL for a real page in case a user types that in the address bar.

For more information, look here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080568?hl=en

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your time and reply.

When Firebase dynamic link is used, Landing Page differs based on user device. If user has i-OS device, he/she would be taken to appstore, if user device is not i-OS or android, user would be taken to my website.

Does that mean, Firebase dynamic URL cant be used for adword ads?

This Firebase webpage state that Firebase dynamic link can be used for promotions link and there is a special reporting feature in Firebase Console to see attribution from adword.

Can you please guide me how to user firebase dynamic URL in adword if possible? I am not sure whether I am doing any mistake or this is a adword system restriction / limitation.

Regards,

Venkat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone has solution of this problem?