2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to set-up SMS alerts for Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set-up SMS alerts. The following info is from Google's Account Management Basics:

Setting up Phone Alerts

A mobile phone must be SMS-enabled to receive phone alerts. (SMS alerts are not currently available in all countries.) These are the steps to set up phone alerts:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account, then, within the 'My Account' tabbed section, select 'Account Preferences' and click the link for Notification Preferences.
  2. On the Notification Preferences page, click the link to Set up phone alerts.
  3. On the 'Phone Alerts Options' page, select your country and operator from the pull-down menus, enter your mobile phone number in the box provided and then click Verify this number.
  4. We will send an SMS message to your phone with a verification code. When you receive this code on your phone, type it into the box on the screen and click Finish verification.
  5. Next, just complete your settings by telling us:
    1. If you want the phone alerts enabled now (if you choose 'No, turn them off for now', you can turn them on later by going to the 'Notification Preferences' page in your account and using the pull-down menus to the right of the alert types to designate which alerts you want sent to your mobile phone).
    2. When you want to receive phone alerts - at any time, or only at certain times of the day. Most users will also see checkboxes to choose weekdays and/or weekend alerts delivery. If you don't see this option, you will receive your phone alerts daily.
  6. Click Save Changes.
  7. We'll send your phone an SMS message confirming that your sign-up has been successful.

I cannot seem to find the Phone Alerts Options' page within the Notification settings or preferences.

Can anyone advise please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to set-up SMS alerts for Adwords account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I believe you have to set these up from your phone. You'd need to log in to your AdWords account on your phone in order to see this option.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Unable to set-up SMS alerts for Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever figure this out?