2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to link adwords with Google Mechant Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am unable to link my google merchant account to my adwords account.  I have entered my adwords account number into the account field in google merchant under the adwords section.

Under Adwords settings (in Google Merchant)

this is what id displayed

Create a Product Listing Ads campaign to keep your Product Search listings active on Google (feeds targeting US only). Reach more customers and control when/where your products appear.

Option 1: Set up a Product Listing Ads campaign with your AdWords account (my adwords account number)

dimmed out button saying "Set Up Product Listing Ads Campaign"

Option 2: Set up a Product Listing Ads campaign with an existing AdWords account 
Link another AdWords account
AdWords Customer ID:

box to enter adwords account

Format: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Your AdWords ID appears at the top of every page in AdWords.

I cannot do anything on option 1, so I try entering my account number in option 2, but it returns an error say that account is already linked.

This is the problem.  Google merchant says I have no account s linked and Adowrds says the same thing.  So  I am stuck. 

Anyone have any answers for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sherry127 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Unable to link adwords with Google Mechant Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI yiimports

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Please see the following article that gives information about linking your merchant account with your AdWords account -

Set up your product listing ads campaign

also, please see the following YouTube video that gives step by step guidelines on linking the accounts-

AdWords product ads - getting started

Within your merchant centre, is it stating anywhere other on than the error message that it is already linked (giving you the option to deactivate?)

If, after reading the above linked article and watching the step by step video guide you cannot see the issue/conflict, I think you should contact support for some technical assistance. You can contact them using one of the telephone numbers on the list below-

worldwide phone support

Please post back and let me know how you get on?

Best regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Sherry127 (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Unable to link adwords with Google Mechant Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI yiimports

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Please see the following article that gives information about linking your merchant account with your AdWords account -

Set up your product listing ads campaign

also, please see the following YouTube video that gives step by step guidelines on linking the accounts-

AdWords product ads - getting started

Within your merchant centre, is it stating anywhere other on than the error message that it is already linked (giving you the option to deactivate?)

If, after reading the above linked article and watching the step by step video guide you cannot see the issue/conflict, I think you should contact support for some technical assistance. You can contact them using one of the telephone numbers on the list below-

worldwide phone support

Please post back and let me know how you get on?

Best regards