1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to import conversion data from Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to keep track, whenever there is a click on AdWords, does it lead to sales conversion?

Currently, I keep track my sales conversion using Google Analytics. I know AdWords can import conversion information from Google Analytics. So, here is what I had done on my Google Analytics few weeks ago.

My conversion goals is being setup in Google Analytics properly. It works completely fine.

-

I tick "With other Google products only" and "Anonymously with Google and others" few weeks ago. With this, I wish Google AdWords can access to my Google Analytics data.

However, till today, here is what I get still in Google AdWords.

The "Import from Google Analytics" button is still being disable, under conversion tab. Is there any other steps I had missed out? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to import conversion data from Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I think you have not set up the google conversion tracking code on the pages you would like to track.

So, first of all set up this code & then check out for the button.

~Rehan

~Rehan

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I think rehan is right if you had set up conversion code it would have atleast shown name and category of conversion. Can you please make sure you have actually created and placed conversion code in your goal page?

regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello facion_group,

There are 3 basic requisites to fulfill while importing goals from Google Analytics inside Google Adwords i.e:

1. Your Adwords and Analytics are properly linked.

2. You have auto tagging enabled inside Adwords (Check this in My account>> Preferences).

3. You have enabled data sharing with other Google Products.

As per Google notes, you will see the goals data coming up after about 2 weeks.

One important thing: Both are different products (Google Adwords and Google Analytics) and work independently. So you can use either of them or both at the sametime.

I will suggest you to take a look at auto tagging setting and make sure both accounts are properly linked. Then wait for sometime till the button gets enabled for you to import the data. 

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear pankaj1782,

Yes. Before I post at this community forum, both things had been done long ago.

1) Google Analytics is properly linked with Google AdWords.

2. Auto-tagging is enabled.

Is there any other reasons that, "Import from Google Analytics" button is still not enabled under "Conversions" tab?

Thanks.

Cheok

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, facion_group

This is what I found in this article

Each goal or transaction will need to have traffic (from someone who reached that goal or transaction by clicking on an AdWords ad). Allow up to 24 hours for this to happen. Also keep the following in mind:

• If you set up a new goal or transaction and try to import it right away, most likely it won't show up for import.
  • If you have existing goals or transactions that never resulted from an AdWords ad click, it won't show up for import.