AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

US and Canada Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, I have a little confusion, for one my client I have to run a campaign for US and Canada. I want to set 2 different campaign for both the country's and than several (product based) Ad-group for both campaigns. But the client want one single campaign for both the market as US and Canada are very close to each other. And they share similar culture,language etc.

So my Question is should I go with him because I did a keyword research on both the countries and the result was surprising. There is remarkable search difference between both the countries. 

So what do you guys suggest should I create just one campaign or should I create 2 separate campaign for both US and Canadian market. also please come up with strong points so that I can put those points to convince my over smart clientSmiley Happy.  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bubble
September 2015

Re: US and Canada Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Saroj,

The client is not always right.

Ask him to explain why he wants all one campaign, other than to run both campaigns with a single budget. If that's what he wants, a single budget, that's probably a good enough reason.

But, then explain to him what you found with your keyword research and other real cultural differences and how marketing to the two countries separately is really in his best interests.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Saro.
Both are valid, and depending on the volume, either would work.

If he doesn't need visibility into both in terms of spend and return, then one campaign is fine. The only thing having a separate campaign for both with do is less visibility. It's always easier to optimize campaigns (cpc, conversion rate, ad text localization) when you have two campaigns.

Although two is more maintenance, that's what I'd go with. If there is not much volume though, it may not be worth while.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Davis,

thanks for the quick response, I was thinking the same, but for no reason my client is insisting for just one campaign.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bubble
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Saroj,

The client is not always right.

Ask him to explain why he wants all one campaign, other than to run both campaigns with a single budget. If that's what he wants, a single budget, that's probably a good enough reason.

But, then explain to him what you found with your keyword research and other real cultural differences and how marketing to the two countries separately is really in his best interests.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords