AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

URL where ad heading should be

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have tried both the old and new text ads but both put my websites URL at the start of the ad heading. This is really bad. It pushes the ad over to the right - away from where the eyes skim down the search results. Totally unaceptable. How do I change this? It also looks bad. Instead of the ad heading being "Dingosoft - Official Site" it says "dingosoft.co - Dingosoft - Official Site".

By the way - the only reason for the ad is that despite being in business and on the web since 1999 a startup spam marketing company has recently copied my companies name and logo and is using the dingosoft.net domain and your ranking algorithm puts them at the top of the search results!!!

So, even with the ad at the top when people search for dingosoft to find my company, their listing still stands out more. If you searched for "Dingosoft" and got the following results, which one would you click? Obviously the one that say "Dingosoft".

dingosoft.co -

Dingosoft -

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@john p

This is nothing you can control. It's not pushing the ad to the right, it's actually a part of the ad.  This is something Google tests. Sometimes it's on the right of the headline, sometimes it's not there at all.

From a UX standpoint, it makes sense for Adwords to put it first. It lets people who are looking for the .net version that your ad is not it.  

I really wouldn't worry. Your companies are completely different. Anyone looking for you will realize they are not in the right place when they click the .net version.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I started up a sleazy spam company selling things like email scrapers and called it Google Technologies and used the google.net domain and for some reason was beating google.com in search rankings - I guarantee Larry Page would be worried.