Guide Me
star_border

URL Help

J09
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J09
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help with how to set up the URL in the ad when the site address you want to use forwards to a different URL.

My company has two different brand names that we sell different related products under.

Let's say the main company name is Company X, and we sell two different sets of products under different names as Company Y and Company Z. We have three "different" websites for each Company X, Company Y, and Company Z. All of these websites have their own domain: CompanyX.com, CompanyY.com and CompanyZ.com, but both CompanyX.com and CompanyZ.com forward to the domain of CompanyY.com/CompanyX and to CompanyY.com/CompanyZ. 

I am trying to set up ads for Company Z and need help with managing the domain in the ads. Google won't allow me to use CompanyZ.com in the ad because the URL gets forward to www.CompanyY.com/CompanyZ. We do not want the url under the ad to be www.CompanyY.com/CompanyZ (which Google will allow) we want it to remain www.CompanyZ.com because each company is acting as a separate entity from the other, so for legal purposes, we can't use www.CompanyY.com/CompanyZ as the link in the ad. Is there a way to keep the URL as CompanyZ.com even though it will redirect to www.CompanyY.com/CompanyZ?

Any feedback or tips are appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J09
July

URL Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi J09,

Your final top-level domain destination, after all redirects, must match the display URL top-level domain. The only way you can achieve this is by not redirecting to CompanyY.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J09
July

URL Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi J09,

Your final top-level domain destination, after all redirects, must match the display URL top-level domain. The only way you can achieve this is by not redirecting to CompanyY.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords