AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Type your question here...Hello, I made a mistake when I added chrome,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have google adwords and set it up under a old email adress,  i added chrome and used my new email address with the same pass word. I tried to update my google adwords with the new email address and password with no luck. Please help!

Jerry

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Type your question here...Hello, I made a mistake when I added chr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry,

What did you do to try to add your new email address?

The thing to do is send an invitation to the new email address. Before clicking on the link in the email, be sure you are completely signed out of Google services. You may need to log off both in AdWords and your Google account. After signing off AdWords, go to google.com. If your name appears there, log off.

Now click on the link in the email and answer "I already have an account". It's not the most intuitive answer to the question. At that point, the new email address is added to the existing account. Now, log out and log back in to AdWords with the old address. Confirm the new user and promote to admin.

If you have already created a new account for the new email address, that will need to be removed from the new account before you can use it in the old account. Basically, you will do the same thing with the new account, but after promoting the new user to admin, log into the account as that user and remove the email you want to use from that account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Type your question here...Hello, I made a mistake when I added chr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jerry,

What did you do to try to add your new email address?

The thing to do is send an invitation to the new email address. Before clicking on the link in the email, be sure you are completely signed out of Google services. You may need to log off both in AdWords and your Google account. After signing off AdWords, go to google.com. If your name appears there, log off.

Now click on the link in the email and answer "I already have an account". It's not the most intuitive answer to the question. At that point, the new email address is added to the existing account. Now, log out and log back in to AdWords with the old address. Confirm the new user and promote to admin.

If you have already created a new account for the new email address, that will need to be removed from the new account before you can use it in the old account. Basically, you will do the same thing with the new account, but after promoting the new user to admin, log into the account as that user and remove the email you want to use from that account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords