4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two website, Two Purpose, Similiar Keyword

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, at the moment i'm having two website to maintain. The product is shampoo. Now one website have content about corporate information (as i'm one of master distributor in my country). As the info is about company profile, i'm not allowed to do direct/online sales here.

So i'm open another website that focus for online selling.

so i'm thinking to build seperate campaign, one campaign for "business opportunity" and other campaign for "product selling". but both have similiar keyword...

am i violate adwords policy ?

if yes, should i use different adwords for online selling ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two website, Two Purpose, Similiar Keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Viktor;

Since it is the same businessת selling the same product (or actually one site "marketing" the product, and another selling it) - keep it on the same account. Otherwiseת you are risking of violating the policy. The only possibility of having two accounts is if you have separate companies, with different names, each with its own accounting, paying using different CC.

On the same account the two campaigns will compete; but you can choose different keywords to target site to narrow competition (i.e "buying scalp sensitive shampoo", "dandruff shampoo for men", "shop dandruff shampoo" ). I wouldn't use broad match, but rather try to keep it within phrase match, to minimize copetition.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’