AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two shoe brands, same adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,we currently have two shoe brands, on two separate domains, managed by the same company. they have basically the same audience, and have very similar products(legacy domain A and new domain B). We would also like to add search campaigns, etc on the new domain B, like we have on the old domain A.We'll probably bid on the same( or similar) keywords. Should we make a separate account for the new domain? Could AdWords show, at the same time, an ad for domain A, and another for domain B?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Madalina M
September 2015

Re: Two shoe brands, same adwords account

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Madalina M not only is it OK to do so, it's the better way to do it to avoid stepping on Google's policies as there is then no way two Ads from "you" can appear on the same set of results.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Madalina M the answer to the question depends upon whether having two Accounts would violate Google's policies against gaining an unfair advantage.  The policy essentially says that you can't run more than one Ad in search results for the same or similar products (where owned by the same company).

Are the shoes notably different in each domain (e.g. is one domain sports shoes, the other formal, or one men's shoes, the other ladies)?

What's your primary reason for wanting to open a second Account (AdWords can quite happily promote different domains within the same Account).

Jon

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Madalina

I would agree with Jon here. From experience, I would make good use of the labels feature also, alongside well organised campaigns of course. The labels feature helps a lot in this scenario I have found if only for simplicity.

I believe you should also be careful with bid management, ie driving up the economics by driving up the cpc of bidding on the same kw for the 2 domains.

I am pretty sure Jon has a script or 2 he could potentially help you with also to ease the management of this type of account.

All the best

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Jon and James

Update:
For domain B, we just want to have the brand protect and remarketing campaigns.If we can advertise from the same Adwords account the domain B(only BP and RM) we don't necessarily keep to open a second account. But it is ok?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Madalina M, it sounds to me like you don't really need to open another Account so unless you have strong reasons for doing so, I'd just use the Account you have now.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi jon,
So you say that it is ok to use my existent account (where I manage the domain A) to create a BP & a RM campaign for the B domain, even if it is own by the same company and it have similar products with domain A?

Madalina
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Madalina M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Madalina M not only is it OK to do so, it's the better way to do it to avoid stepping on Google's policies as there is then no way two Ads from "you" can appear on the same set of results.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your answears. I will proceed with this solution.

Wish you a good day!

Madalina Smiley Happy