Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two questions about: call tracking and keyword bidding

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I just launched my first campaign and I'm having trouble reading the statistics, can some one help me please?  I'm using a daily budget with Target search page location.

1-Why would a keyword show "Below first page bid" and still show Avg. Position "1" and even have several clicks?

2- How can I get more info from a call using the call tracking extension? (ex. hour and phone number)? so far I only see how many calls have been made, no other info.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

1. The average position is only for the times your ad showed. If you are below first page bid, that means your bid is too low to always appear on the first page. It still might appear sometimes.

It is quite common for this to happen with broad keywords, because of all the possible search queries it can match, each of which might have different competition. 

2. Go to Dimensions > Call Details

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

1. The average position is only for the times your ad showed. If you are below first page bid, that means your bid is too low to always appear on the first page. It still might appear sometimes.

It is quite common for this to happen with broad keywords, because of all the possible search queries it can match, each of which might have different competition. 

2. Go to Dimensions > Call Details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you RobSkeleton!