AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two campaigns different geographical area adverts not showing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have just set up two campaigns, based on two different geographical areas, and yet keywords in one campaign is not triggering adverts because the same keywords are triggering adverts in the other campaign. 

So both campaigns have the same keywords, and these are non geographical keywords, as I am using the location settings to stipulate where I want the adverts to appear. 

Is there anything I can do to make it so each campaign adverts are being triggered? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob W
September 2015

Re: Two campaigns different geographical area adverts not showing

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rob,

How are your georgaphy targets set? Do the geographic areas overlap? If not, both campaigns should be generating impressions. If they do overlap, then you should add the necessary exclusions to ensure that they aren't competing in the same auctions. For instance, if you have a campaign that targets Spain and a campaign that targets Madrid, then you should exclude Madrid from the Spain campaign.

I hope this helps - I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

Best,
Amy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob W
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rob,

How are your georgaphy targets set? Do the geographic areas overlap? If not, both campaigns should be generating impressions. If they do overlap, then you should add the necessary exclusions to ensure that they aren't competing in the same auctions. For instance, if you have a campaign that targets Spain and a campaign that targets Madrid, then you should exclude Madrid from the Spain campaign.

I hope this helps - I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

Best,
Amy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for that, I can't believe I didn't check first I had some how got the same geographical locations in one as the other...

So now have removed!!

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
No problem! Glad to help!