3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two campaign of a domain by two different adword account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we run two campaign of a single website by two different different adword account ? Means i want to run  search campaign on one adword account and other display campaign want to run another adword account. Is it possible? Please suggest me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two campaign of a domain by two different adword account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arvind,

Why you want to run it in a separate account? when you can create 2 separate search or display campaign with in a single account.

The best approach is to create both campaigns with in a single account. It will be easy for you to manage too.

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Thanks for rply me. Actually some time ago, i was in a interview ,then interviewer said that he run their campaign separately. So it was confusing for me. So i asked. Can we run campaigns on different -2 accounts.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arvind,

Running 2 campaigns cannot be an issue as long as same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords. Since it is a case of Search and display network so you can run 2 campaigns across two different accounts.
Read more about it here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en-GB

But if you can run both campaigns in a single campaign then why not do so. It is also good if you have to auto-tag it with your analytics account. Tagging 2 adwords account to a single Analytics account will not be possible.

Thanks,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arvind,

What you are describing violates the double serving policy with Google and might get your accounts suspended, so avoid it. More info in the link below:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

To protect the value and diversity of the ads people see on Google, we generally discourage advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords. This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly-owned company from appearing on the same search results page.

To comply with this policy, advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites

Cheers,
Vineesh..

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Vineesh S is correct;

With some exceptions - that  I doubt any would apply in your case - the rule for SMBs is simple: One business - one account.

So, you are violating the double serving section of the Policy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Thanks for your valuable response and also for correcting me Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have another question please:

I have one main campaign targeting the whole of the UK, then I have smaller geo targeted campaigns. What does it mean when some of the search terms in the geo campaign are the same as my targeted keywords in the main campaign?

For example, my main campaign is for Apples and is targeted to the whole of the UK. I then started smaller local campaigns - in this instance the campaign is Leeds. Under leads I have an ad group and keywords for 'apples leeds'. However, I can see that a significant of impressions and clicks are generated from the search term 'apples uk'. Why is it appearing under the leeds campaign? Should I add it as a negative under that campaign? Is that campaign now competing with my main campaign?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello again @Dina G;

If you have the same or similar keywords in 2 campaigns - this means that they compete. Only one keyword will trigger  the ad. The calculation which keyword will trigger the ad when more than one keyword matches the search query is not easy. (In general - the keyword with the higher ad-rank wins)

Try to avoid this scenario, and if not possible, give the "preferred" keyword a higher bid, resulting in a higher ad rank (assuming the same QS)  hence, this would be the KW most likely to trigger the ad. (Another option - to use negative keywords.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV

They're not the same keyword - in the main campaign i have for example keyword 'clinic' and in the geo targeted campaign i have the keyword 'clinic leeds'. Are these considered the same?

Also the issue I'm experiencing is that in the main campaign, i have keyword 'clinic uk' but this term is appearing as a search term in my geotargeted campaign. Does that make sense?

Thank you!