AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Two ads (search & display) one landing page, do I need two codes?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have two different ads (search ad and display ad) with same landing page. Now the question is can I use the same tracking code for both these ads to measure the tracking? Or I need two separate codes to monitor them individually? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Two ads (search & display) one landing page, do I need two cod

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am assuming that you are talking about Google Adwords Conversion Tracking code here. If that's the case, then yes for simple tracking purpose, all you need to do is to include the conversion tracking code on your thanks page and rest of the tracking whether the conversion occured from Search network or Display Network will be taken care by Adwords and you will see the reporting from campaign till keyword level for your account.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What tracking code- conversion tracking, analytics tracking?

If you are creating search and display ads in the same adwords account, then you dont need a seperate tracking code. Nor do you need a seperate analytics account to track ads, if its the same landing page.

Do give a shout if you need more info.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am assuming that you are talking about Google Adwords Conversion Tracking code here. If that's the case, then yes for simple tracking purpose, all you need to do is to include the conversion tracking code on your thanks page and rest of the tracking whether the conversion occured from Search network or Display Network will be taken care by Adwords and you will see the reporting from campaign till keyword level for your account.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Pankaj,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I am talking with reference to the Adwords tracking code. One more question, if I enable view-through conversion, will the same code will work?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes the same code works.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Chetan