AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to link existing adwords account to MCC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Googlers,

I set up an MCC, then I sent an invitation to my clients adwords account, he is trying to accept the invitation but when he clicks the link it asks him to is he wants to set up a new account or use an existing, the clicks existing then get's the following error,

The Google Account w*************@gmail.com already has access to an AdWords account (Customer ID: ).

How do I fix that?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pierre W
September 2015

Re: Trying to link existing adwords account to MCC

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It sounds like they have maybe created a new account when you sent them the email and there are no campaigns under this one.

Get the client to log into their AdWords account (not the new one) and check the customer ID. Then check this with what you have.

I find it's easiest to do this on the phone with the client (if possible) so it can be done easily.

You are likely going to have to do it again. From your MCC  go to "link existing account" then enter their 10 digit customer ID. Send this and get the client to refresh and go to account access to grant you access. This should hopefully fix your issue.

Is it the big "create your first campaign" button you are currently seeing when you log in?

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pierre W,

Your client should be able to just login to their adwords account and go to "my account" > "Account access" and grant you access from there.

Give that a try and let me know if you are still having problems.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I should and I would hope it would be that easy but that is not happening, He get's an email invitation and when he tries to sign in he gets the above error.

in the clients account, Under my account, it lists Client Managers

Then says "You have client managers awaiting approval."

Then it lists me but under the link date, there's no date, so we are not linked/

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My client also get's a notification when he sign's in, its a yellow bar on top and it reads

You have a new invitation for account access and management. See less

Dismiss

When you lick on "View account access" it just closes and doesn't do anything???

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Okay so now both accounts are linked, not quite sure what client did to accept but I will follow up with him.

Now when I try to view his past campaigns, it doesn't show anything and just asks me to build a new campaign?

I thought when we linked it up I would be able to view all the stuff that he has already done and try to optimize it?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pierre W
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It sounds like they have maybe created a new account when you sent them the email and there are no campaigns under this one.

Get the client to log into their AdWords account (not the new one) and check the customer ID. Then check this with what you have.

I find it's easiest to do this on the phone with the client (if possible) so it can be done easily.

You are likely going to have to do it again. From your MCC  go to "link existing account" then enter their 10 digit customer ID. Send this and get the client to refresh and go to account access to grant you access. This should hopefully fix your issue.

Is it the big "create your first campaign" button you are currently seeing when you log in?