AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to find the the right category for Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I convert diesel engines to run on veg oil and the nearest category is alternative fuel station. Unfortunately I do not sell any fuel?  Any ideas, or help? What would you look/search for?

Regards Fran at 2Toc

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trying to find the the right category for Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Are you selecting this category for AdWords express or AdWords standard ?

If it is AdWords standard , I am not sure if a category targeting will help you promote this type of service. I would use a different wider targeting, such as keywords and managed placements or better yet I would use the Search network first and Display Network only with a fraction of the budget of Search.

[edited at the end]

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Fran,
To build on Adrian's great response, you can always use Google's Keyword Planner tool to discover keywords and their estimated monthly search volumes. This will tell you how often relevant keywords are searched for on a monthly basis (estimated). https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I join  Adrian and   @vkore91 : Coming from an engineering and manufacturing background, and advertising those, I would recommend keywords (contextual targeting)  combined with broader topics. (Contextual targeting  will target  only relevant pages within topics to show your ads) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’