AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to choose the best options for my business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I work for a Locksmith and Security consultation/hardware installation company. We are trying to set up advertising in our area to attract/gain customers.

Basically, we are a 24/7 emergency locksmith company that specializes in lockouts (if you lock your keys in your car, your home, office, ect..) we also do installation of locks, security hardware, security walkthough/consultation. Our goal is that if someone needs a locksmith for any reason, weather to make a car key, get into their locked car,home,or office that when they search google, we come up.

We are a local company and only service a limited area (say 30-50 mile range from our base of operations)

I'd like to know what campaign and features will best suit our needs to get customers to call us.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trying to choose the best options for my business.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In mine opinion you should choose search campaign with all options.
Then geotarget only city, state or radius where you want to work.
That is really simplified version.
Regards.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

You are in a  very competitive business, in which users look / search for a service immediately. (i.e they need a locksmith - now).

So, I would definitely set a search campaign  for  mobile and for desktops,  carefully choose the keywords (since they are expensive), and plan on  a large budget.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
And i you are from more developed county you should add a mobile extension so someone who is searching for your keyword can immediately call with clicking on your ad.

+ MosheTLV - how do you answer on topics here? Do you use mobile, tablet or pc? (just little off topic because I have problem with logging in from some devices)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
To add to Drazen's & Moshe's great answers, I'd also consider running Ad Copy specific to the time of day; especially overnight. Since you're a 24/7 business, having Ad Copy that is specific to searchers who are searching overnight, probably a really BIG emergency, could help increase your CTRs and really make your Ads stand out. You can either set up a separate Campaign for overnight, using Ad Scheduling, or create Automated Rules (links below).
Also, as a local advertiser, I always recommend setting up two Campaigns - one targeted locally with non-geo-modified keywords, and one targeted nationally with geo-modified keywords.
AdWords Automated Rules - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en
Ad Scheduling - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en
Setting up Local Targeted Campaigns - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Use-AdWords-to-Attract-More-Local-Customers/ba...