Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Trial campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
How can I practice Adwords ads before setting up my first real campaign? Is there any option for trial?

Regards,
Neelam
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neelam D
September 2015

Re: Trial campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Neelam,

Welcome to adwords community.
Google does not provide any trial option for ads. You will have to work on real campaign.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neelam D
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Neelam,

While there are no "trial campaigns", you can still create everything, find out where everything is etc, but just Pausing all campaigns until you are ready to go live. Only live ads will run, so in essence you do have a "trial campaign" in a Paused environment,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Neelam,

Welcome to the AdWords Community and to AdWords!

There is no option to conduct a trial campaign within AdWords, as the results are based on a live auction and the environment that you are targeting your ad in.

I would suggest, to create and AdWords Account, and create a campaign with a limited budget ($1-$3 per day) and set an end date for this campaign for a few days in the future (that way your "test" will not continue to run if you forget to log back in and turn off your campaign). 

When you have a live campaign running, you will then be able to access the Keyword Planner, which will show you the results of your keywords (or potential keywords) in the current environment, but since its just going to show you the search results, you won't really know if your campaign will be successful with clicks and conversions. 

Once you have run your first campaign for a few days, let us know how you did - and feel free to post any new questions to the Community!

Good Luck!
Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kathleen,

Thanks for the suggestion, I would definitely get back to you as I proceed with Adwords.
I am new to community and I am really delightful that members are so helpful.

Thanks again.
Regards,
Neelam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Eric,

In that paused environment I can check out all the options available.
Thanks much for the much needed suggestion.

Regards,
Neelam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Suman,
I tried to find some options to try Adwords before I got the responses of my query in community.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I will try the paused environment to check out the options.

Regards,
Neelam.