3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring e-mail address from inactive account to active one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let's see if I can describe this quickly and non-confusingly...

I have a Google Analytics account under e-mail "A."

I have an *inactive* AdWords account under e-mail "A."

I have an *active* Google AdWords account under e-mail "B."

I want to access the *active* Google AdWords account with my e-mail "A."  I do not care about the *inactive* AdWords account, and would prefer to deactivate it.  When I try to do this, Google asks me irrelevant questions about payment methods.  I have never used the account, so I have never funded it.  Google, trying to be helpful (no snark intended), tells me "good news!  You don't have to cancel this account!"  I cannot transfer my e-mail "A" to my *active* Google AdWords account for this reason — because my zombie *inactive* Google AdWords, assigned to my email "A" address, seemingly cannot be killed!

What do I do?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transferring e-mail address from inactive account to active one

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One solution might be to add email B as an admin user on the Analytics account and link them using that....

Re: Transferring e-mail address from inactive account to active one

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Actually, one email address can only be associated with one AdWords account at a time.

In order to link your first email to your second AdWords account, you need to create a second administrative access email for the original account, then log in with that email and remove the original email from the list of approved users.  

After that, you can go through the necessary steps to 'invite' the first email to access the new AdWords account.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*