AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Training materials outdated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Although I've been using adwords for some time I'm working my way through the training material to ensure I've caught every detail of the program. I noticed that 

2.1 Account Management Basics  http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=23620&topic=23624&...

still asks the trainee to set an alert even though alerts were depreciated/discontinued earlier this year. Is there some way to notify G of this error?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Training materials outdated

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pilkster

I think you will find a few contradictions etc. within the training material.

For example, in the display advertising section Google states - "They are non-text ads that use images, video, (Adobe) Flash or other technologies." However, text ads are eligible to appear on the display network even though it is pointed out in the learning materials that 'display ads' are 'non-text ads'.

Maybe email them if you wish to notify them 

http://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en

Dave

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI there

If you would like to express an opinion/ give feedback about the learning centre, you can use the "share your feedback" form that is found at the bottom of the learning centre home page. Yes, there are a few "how satisfied are you with the experience" kind of questions, but there is also a form where you are encouraged to say a little about your learning centre experience. I'm sure if you were to add a comment there that it would get read and taken on board.

Good luck with your exams. Having sat my 'renewal' for my Display certification fairly recently, I advise you to read the learning centre thoroughly, the exams are based on what you read in the learning centre and even though as you have quite rightly pointed out there is a bit or a lag with regards to updates and changes, it is all still relevant when it comes to getting your certification.

Best Regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

Indeed, the learning center has some errors, and some articles need to be revised. However, those are minor, and should not affect your learning towards the exam

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello pilkster,

I would recommend subscribing to Adwords Official Blog for up-to date enhacements happening inside Adwords. This would keep you all ready and fresh for taking the exams as well Smiley Happy

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As others pointed out, read the materials, the exams are based on those, even though the live AdWords is different.

I've heard that new exams (and learning materials) are due some time this year, however, not everything you hear is reliable.

And just as an FYI, depending on what exam you are taking, the difference between real world and exam can be huge.

I recently renewed a bunch of certificates, and the fundamentals and search advanced are quite close to home, but the reporting and analysis requires you to study the material in great detail, since it contains quite a few questions about Google Website Optimizer, which no longer exist, as well as outdated info on Google Analytics and such.

But, as mentioned, Google is aware, and new exams are forthcoming.