Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic for in-apps ads campaign with the Display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone.

I want my ads to appear only in-app, whatever app. So I chose the setting, but I have problems in setting a working segmentation. In fact, it should be possible to segment only by interests (audience) if I'm right, but I'm receiving no traffic, while with the keyword segmentation I'm getting traffic and judging on the placements where my ads are appearing I noticed that some are not app placements. I'm wondering how is it possible, is it fault of the keyword segmentation that is forcing my Adwords campaign to appear despite the setting chosen to appear in-app only?

I hope you understood me, thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic for in-apps ads campaign with the Display network

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Giorgio,

Thanks for posting to the Community! To start with, can you please confirm the campaign type and sub-type you are using so we can make sure all the initial set-up is correct? Also, if you could explain a little more about the exact set-up you have now in terms of targeting--under Placements, are you targeting all eligible mobile apps, or just a select few?

My guess is that there may be a setting somewhere that needs to be altered, since it sounds like your targeting is too narrow. But this info will help us pinpoint what's going on.

Cassie