2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic coming from wrong target country, lots of clicks increase

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, the number of clicks has increased by about 600% which could mean a good thing except that is coming from the wrong Target country. The clicks are less than 10 seconds visitors and we are wasting a lot of money in clicks. I believe Google wants businesses to make sales so they can be better customers but this ( I guess technical issue ) is really making us cut our budgets by a lot. No sales, sales dropped 99% and when we call or email we get no replies. Please help, how can we get them to fix this issue, we check the target country verification and settings and are not changed, all same as before but visitors are just completely a waste or money and bandwidth. Please help

Zu

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: Traffic coming from wrong target country, lots of clicks increase

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Zuzana V

What setting do you have selected in advanced location options?  By default it is going to be "People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location."  This means people outside of the country you are targeting that have shown interest in the country you are targeting have the potential to see/click your ads.

If you believe this is causing a performance issue, you can change it to "People in my targeted location." You can also exclude the country/countries you don't want your ad serving in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David and thank you for your fast reply. Yes, the settings are correct, they are set for the target country we want to target, is been like that for years. Today, 80% of people come from many other countries, also, the Products in the Merchant Center same issue. Any ideas how to fix it please? We tried to contact Google without any reply or success.

Thank you

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Zuzana,

David is right--using the advanced location setting for "People in my targeted location" should alleviate this problem.

If you already have that set up, I'd recommend calling the AdWords team directly (it can take longer for an email response) so that they can look at your account with you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Let me know after you call if everything is resolved,
Cassie